There are many reasons why you ought to stay fit and active during your pregnancy. The most obvious one is that you’ll be able to keep your weight under control. In addition, you are likely to be free from various health issues that generally occur during this period. You will also have a very easy delivery if your body is strong and healthy.
The following tips will help you stay fit during your pregnancy:
1. 40 – 50 minutes of cardio everyday: Running (out in the open or in a gym) is great ways to boost your metabolism. If you’ve been doing this regularly before getting pregnant then there is really no need to stop now. You also might have to reduce the distance you run. Be sure to stop this as soon as you feel pain or discomfort. Aggressive power walking is a very good alternative to running.
2. Swimming: This is a fantastic exercise for the whole body because it does not put pressure on your joints. You will also love the feeling of weightlessness that water gives.
3. Yoga and Pilates: These exercises are great ways to strengthen your muscles and increase your flexibility. There are many prenatal exercise classes that will enable you to have the exact kind of workout you require when you are carrying a child.
4. Ask your doctor before you start exercising: This is of the greatest importance since there are certain exercises that you shouldn’t do in your condition. If you have health issues they might get aggravated if you exercise. It is only in very rare situations that you should stop exercising altogether; most women are able to stay reasonably fit during this period.
5. Always focus on safety when exercising: You need to let your body be your guide when you exercise while being pregnant. If you feel pain or discomfort while doing anything then you ought to stop doing it immediately. You should also wear the correct footwear when exercising, especially during the second half of your pregnancy, since your ligaments become loose due to hormonal changes.
6. Stay active at all times: Do not give up on any opportunity to get exercise. Go on foot when running errands instead of taking your car out.
You will find it very easy to stay fit when you are expecting your child if you follow these tips. You’ll be glad that you took the effort when your baby arrives and you have lots of